Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I was a teenager, a state cop told a story --

It was common at that time to strap the deer to the hood of the car, showing off the kill. A group of hunters from NY were stopped on their way home from the Adirondacks ... with a Jersey cow strapped to the hood.

And I've known of a couple of people who had statues of deer in their yard that were shot during hunting season.

As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is foevah!"

I have been married to a Pharmacist for going on 59 years and she keeps me informed on all aspects of that profession. Not to be pedantic, but the product shown is "Aqueous (water based) Solution of Mercurochrome" which would not burn at all. What was a somewhat religious experience was "Tincture (alcohol based) of Mercurochrome" and I recall blowing on the wound to ease the burning sensation after it was applied.

I have been married to a Pharmacist for going on 59 years and she keeps me informed on all aspects of that profession. Not to be pedantic, but the product shown is "Aqueous (water based) Solution of Mercurochrome" which would not burn at all. What was a somewhat religious experience was "Tincture (alcohol based) of Mercurochrome" and I recall blowing on the wound to ease the burning sensation after it was applied.
The fun part is, the banned form of Mercurochrome contains mercury.

>>> In 1998, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) declared that mercurochrome was “not generally recognized as safe and effective” as an over-the-counter antiseptic and banned its sale in the U.S.

Although mercurochrome and other mercury-based antiseptics prevented the spread of bacteria, they did not actually kill the micro-organism; once they were washed off, the bacteria was allowed to spread. Furthermore, when mercurochrome was applied to the wound, it stained the skin red, making it more difficult to detect inflammation or infection. This ineffectiveness, combined with the fear of mercury toxicity from the mercurochrome being absorbed through the skin, resulted in the FDA ban. <<<

LOL, a local farmer grew it for two years. He had to hire off duty deputies to park near his fields because people were trying to rip it up cuz they thought it was pot! Then other people were bitching about the plant's smell. That lil experiment is OVER!!! 🤣

Back