Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocky, we've talked about this before. After college, I was a weekly newspaper editor, sports editor, promotions and circulation director, radio advertising account executive, radio advertising sales director, daily newspaper county correspondent, daily paper special sections editor, daily paper magazine division managing editor, then a research writer for the office of marketing and communications at a university – in that order.

Most fun job overall – radio advertising sales director, during the go-go days of radio. What was not to like? Company car, free resort trips, lunches and dinners by just signing the check, great money ... it was a VERY nice ride while it lasted.

Now, I am a has-been – another fantastic position that I highly recommend!

Here's me in the good ole days accepting a Virginia Association of Broadcasters award for Community Service when I was a radio sales director. We put together a subdivision, builder and other businesses to construct and sell a home with all profits going to endow a housing rehabilitation effort for the poor. Lots of fun! The endowment still exists today.

View attachment 116170
Ah. Those broadcasting days. Been in the tech end for 40 years. Those 80's and 90's were lots of fun. Except you sales guys were all over the place! And had all the fun!!! And were miserly with spending $$ that would improve the signal!

But first we need to get there first. and that is about 2 years away.
Not gonna happen!

I’m not saying we can’t or shouldn’t go to mars. It’s just that the history of these endeavors is that they take far far longer than even the best estimates (the first moon landing excluded). They have concepts but so many pieces need to come together yet.

Ah. Those broadcasting days. Been in the tech end for 40 years. Those 80's and 90's were lots of fun. Except you sales guys were all over the place! And had all the fun!!! And were miserly with spending $$ that would improve the signal!
That was the golden age of radio! I had more fun in that job than anything I have ever done. That's where I learned that you get well very cared for when you are bringing in the revenue. ;)

Not gonna happen!

I’m not saying we can’t or shouldn’t go to mars. It’s just that the history of these endeavors is that they take far far longer than even the best estimates (the first moon landing excluded). They have concepts but so many pieces need to come together yet.
Yep! We landed on the moon in 1969 - 55 years ago, And still no one is living there - no base camp has been built - don't even hear it being mentioned anymore. I suspect Mars will be the same deal.

Scientists say these are a couple of the earliest humans as we now know them. Some of our earliest ancestors.

1728999940931.png
1729000037901.png

The one on the right is definately a winemaker!

Latest posts

Back