Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The honor guard were incredible. 2 young men that looked to be maybe 20. When folding the flag 3/4 through one called to the other "refold". And they stopped and unfolded the flag in reverse step by step and they began again checking the fold and the seams with each step until the flag was a perfect tight triangle with the end tucked in neatly. When the flag was presented on bended knee to my MIL and my FIL was thanked for his service to his Country there was not a dry eye in the place including mine.

Honor Guards are awesome folks who volunteer to serve and remember. My Dad had one, too, and a good friend of mine serves on one. It does bring a tear and also a heart-swell of thankfulness for what those people put themselves through back when it was truly a battle for all the marbles.

Bought some bales from an 85yo farmer last weekend. Really nice hay, tightly baled and huge. Got this first reaction from Mrs Corker’s mustang who is 14.5 hands and thinks he’s 20.
View attachment 113393

Yup, they do bale them big here, too – up to 6x7 or 8 – but we prefer the 5x5s since we are selling it and that size is most versatile when it comes to smaller tractor sizes, so there are more potential customers. Got 49 bales, and every one was sold before we cut the first blade of grass. Not only that, we have already sold eight to a horse guy out of the coming fall cutting. 👍

Yup, they do bale them big here, too – up to 6x7 or 8 – but we prefer the 5x5s since we are selling it and that size is most versatile when it comes to smaller tractor sizes, so there are more potential customers. Got 49 bales, and every one was sold before we cut the first blade of grass. Not only that, we have already sold eight to a horse guy out of the coming fall cutting. 👍
I usually prefer smaller too. My tractor is only 25hp. The little thing amazes my though. It picked up two at a time. My loader has the power just need one on the back for counterweight

I usually prefer smaller too. My tractor is only 25hp. The little thing amazes my though. It picked up two at a time. My loader has the power just need one on the back for counterweight

It's hard on the lil guys, tho. I'd guess most bales around here are 4x5, 5x5 or 5x6. 4x5 is the most common hay bale in the USA. Guy down the road rolls 8x6 – that is HUGE! A 4x5 is about 750-800 pounds but a 6x6 is 1,600-1,900.

1718855541050.png

I was at Georgia Tech and was listening on my portable radio as I walked to my next class. I remember listening to Mel Allen's national broadcast, when the Yankees had just tied the game in the top of the ninth inning. He was saying, "That just goes to show how this great Yankee ball club will come back at you every time. Here's the pitch to Mazeroski. He swings and, oh-oh, there's a long fly to left, Berra is back... HOME RUN!"

What a day, what a game, what a series!

Last edited:
View attachment 113482
A dry white per my daughters specifications 😀
I have 6 gallons of a 2022 port like wine waiting to be bottled (probably this winter). What makes this one different is that I froze the grapes. And, when I was getting the grapes out of the freezer, I noticed a bag of raspberries, about 2 quarts. So, like any enterprising maker of wine, I added them in. It's all aging away, but I can't wait to taste it.

I have 6 gallons of a 2022 port like wine waiting to be bottled (probably this winter). What makes this one different is that I froze the grapes. And, when I was getting the grapes out of the freezer, I noticed a bag of raspberries, about 2 quarts. So, like any enterprising maker of wine, I added them in. It's all aging away, but I can't wait to taste it.

I always freeze the grapes first. Hope it turns out great.

We made some real progress toward the image I have in my mind today. Should come together even more tomorrow. Still a ways to go.

View attachment 113579
Looking good, Jim.

Does your range hood vent to the outside through that cabinet above? What are you planning for the walls, especially over the range?

Looking good, Jim.

Does your range hood vent to the outside through that cabinet above? What are you planning for the walls, especially over the range?

Walls of the entire room including around that window, are beadboard, with a stained 2-1/4" crown moulding. (Walls behind me as I took the pic are done.) Ya just can't see it's beadboard around the window in this photo. The backsplash is subway tile. Behind the stove will be subway tile all the way up to the cabinet. Yep, the vent goes through the cabinet. The cabinets will eventually join the ceiling with that crown all the way around them and the room.

Latest posts

Back