Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree i skinned a few days back. And the redo on the back yard. There's a fire pit in front of the bench.

edit: this is also fireproofing this end of the house. 4 forest fires, closest within 1/2 mile, in the last 20 years. 30+ feet minimum in all directions of non burnables. Steel roof too. No brush within 75' and that will be extended next year to 100'
20240919_191948~2.jpg20240918_173225.jpg

Last edited:
A little Maine food and drink... I had many samples of local craft brews, some of them quite excellent... The Shipyard was my inn 6-pack, for evenings on the porch.

Sebago Brewing, Portland... the best scallops we had...

IMG_20240915_180710415.jpg

DimIllo's, Portland...
DiMILLOS1.jpg

Stonecutter's Inn, Stonington... crab stuffed haddock....
STONECUTTER'S REST.jpg

Perry's Lobster Pier, Surry...
IMG_20240917_160145263.jpg

Governor's Restaurant and Bakery, Ellsworth. I ordered broiled, but they came fried. I told the waitress. She got me a new order, and then gave me a box to put the fried ones in. "Might as well take them home, they are no good to me," she said... She got a big tip... Snacked on them at the inn...
GOVERNORS REST.jpg

Shipyard Export Ale is one of my favs, nothing fancy but good...
IMG_20240919_193432576.jpg

Last edited:
William and Mary?

I covered W&M Tribe sports as sports editor for "The Virginia Gazette," the oldest newspaper in the country founded in 1736, helped with a redesign and later was promotions and circulation director. Here's a shot of me in the old "Gazette" newsroom as sports editor. What a youngster, lol... My wife worked for "The Daily Press" and "Times Herald" in Newport News. Loved Williamsburg and would rather we had stayed, but life didn't work out that way. We used to enjoy going to the Williamsburg location of Captain George's Restaurant and eating all we could eat seafood for, at the time in the late '80s, $15.99 each (now, it is $49.99 each). I would just keep piling on the Alaskan king crab legs, lol...

jim sports ed.jpg

I covered W&M Tribe sports as sports editor for "The Virginia Gazette," the oldest newspaper in the country founded in 1736, helped with a redesign and later was promotions and circulation director. Here's a shot of me in the old "Gazette" newsroom as sports editor. What a youngster, lol... My wife worked for "The Daily Press" and "Times Herald" in Newport News. Loved Williamsburg and would rather we had stayed, but life didn't work out that way. We used to enjoy going to the Williamsburg location of Captain George's Restaurant and eating all we could eat seafood for, at the time in the late '80s, $15.99 each (now, it is $49.99 each). I would just keep piling on the Alaskan king crab legs, lol...

View attachment 116151
Jim, I was always under the impression that you were an educator.

Years ago, when I was working for Digital Equipment Corporation, I was in a product line called Graphic Arts and called on newspapers. We sold systems to newspapers that were multifunctional doing accounting, ads, text entry and editing and storage. The job was a nightmare but I really came to appreciate the newspaper industry and got to know many really fine people in it.

Jim, I was always under the impression that you were an educator.

Years ago, when I was working for Digital Equipment Corporation, I was in a product line called Graphic Arts and called on newspapers. We sold systems to newspapers that were multifunctional doing accounting, ads, text entry and editing and storage. The job was a nightmare but I really came to appreciate the newspaper industry and got to know many really fine people in it.

Rocky, we've talked about this before. After college, I was a weekly newspaper editor, sports editor, promotions and circulation director, radio advertising account executive, radio advertising sales director, daily newspaper county correspondent, daily paper special sections editor, daily paper magazine division managing editor, then a research writer for the office of marketing and communications at a university – in that order.

Most fun job overall – radio advertising sales director, during the go-go days of radio. What was not to like? Company car, free resort trips, lunches and dinners by just signing the check, great money ... it was a VERY nice ride while it lasted.

Now, I am a has-been – another fantastic position that I highly recommend!

Here's me in the good ole days accepting a Virginia Association of Broadcasters award for Community Service when I was a radio sales director. We put together a subdivision, builder and other businesses to construct and sell a home with all profits going to endow a housing rehabilitation effort for the poor. Lots of fun! The endowment still exists today.

VAB AWARD.jpg

Back