Raisins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineview

Still waiting.........
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to using two skin packs I had in the freezer. I believe I mentioned this before that these newer skin packs don’t freeze hard as a rock like the old ones. Brian said don’t worry about it so I didn’t. When I opened them today, I found that they contained seeds and a lot of stems. Is this a cost-cutting measure by adding stems or just a new approach to possibly make a better Wine. Also, if I use these two skin packs, would there be any value in adding 12 ounces of raisins?

WOW, posted a long time ago. Curious what did you do? Did you use the skin packs? Did you add raisins?

Just curious why no body posted to help you.

Yeah I used two skin packs and 12 oz of raisins. I don’t think it changed anything very much. That wine is in bulk now. I’ll taste at first racking.

Raisins add sugar. I made a craisin/raisin wine back when I first started winemaking. I didn't realize how much sugar both of those would add. I had mixed everything up with sugar to my desired ABV range and ended up having to double the water because the SG shot up so high after the craisins and raisins soaked for a bit.

It still ended up awfully hot. Mom liked it, though, so I gave most of it to her! 😁

Back