SANITISING

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

termini

Reaction score
Say, This will be my second attemp at a bottling process, and now that I found this forum, I see that some of the more experienced people seem to put all the bottles into tubs. When I sanitized before my last bottling, I used "one-step" on everything that would touch the wine, but the used a funnel to fill a couple of bottles with it and the just started transfering with the funnel to another bottle on down the line.Is this o.k.? or should I err on the side of your guy's experience and just throw them all in a tub of the stuff to get the outside also?
Also, how long can that "one step" be kept?--if it can, should it be stored in a container with a lid vs. my open bucket?

I suggest using a bottle tree and vinator to take the hassle out of this chore. This is a set up that I would not ever do without as it makes life so much easier for not much money and will save you money very quickly as you dont need much sanitizer to use this set up.
<t></t><table id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">4812 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Ctree_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Bottle Drainer Tree - Holds 45 bottles
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$24.99</td></tr></t></table><t></t><table id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">4818 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5Cvinator2_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="20%">

Bottle Rinser Vinator
</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$17.99</td></tr></t></table>
Also, One Step is not a sanitizer, it is just a cleaner. Get some k-meta or N-meta for this job to be safe. Lots of places call this a sanitizer but it is not. The Vinator sitson top of the Bottle tree and you put the bottle on top of the Vinator which is ull of sanitizer and just push down and it sprays the solution into the bottle at great pressure and then you just let it drip out the excess while hanging n the bottle tree.

Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back