What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filtered my J Reisling, Chablis and Malvasia this afternoon. I have to say, all are quite tasty at 5 months. Can't wait to let them age a bit more. I also back sweetened 5 of the 7 gallons of Elderberry-Blueberry blend to 1.006. I'll let that mesh a bit and see how it tastes in a week or two. I think it should be quite nice, however it will need to agea few more months.

My lables fell off my "extra" Merlot and Pinot Noir, had to try both of those to determine which was which since they were on a different bench than the carboys. Both quite tasty already.

Basically after work was spent getting ready to bottle once corks are purchased and getting ready for Chilean juices.

Wine Jelly

The recipe for wine jelly is here in the winemakingtalk forum under "Preserves/Canning information and recipes"

Mine is $9.99 a month (actually just went up a dollar TO that). For that price, i also get one "DVD Only" movie at a time. I've had "How to Play the Didjeridoo" for almost a year. About to send it back, my wife wants to see the extras for "Clue", and it's next in that queue.

I have internet on my new tv and signed up for netflix 7.99. Its all older movies though. For 9.99 I could keep what I got plus current movies on dvd but only by mail. Thats what i was trying to avoid.

Bham did you learn how to play your Didjeridoo. I've got one standing in the corner of my wine room I got several years ago.

We get NetFlix through the Tivo box. Together they are fantastic.

I have internet on my new tv and signed up for netflix 7.99. Its all older movies though. For 9.99 I could keep what I got plus current movies on dvd but only by mail. Thats what i was trying to avoid.

Bham did you learn how to play your Didjeridoo. I've got one standing in the corner of my wine room I got several years ago.

That's the plan i have.
i get the concept of the didjeridoo, but the whole "circular breathing" thing eludes me.

Sometime this year (1st quarter supposedly) XBox Live is adding Hulu Plus which seems like it might be good, as well.

I have Netflix also. Great thing. I get the DVD but the best thing to me is the streaming.. The choices are endless.. NICE!!!

Just starting a long, long recovery from this mornings shoulder surgery.

Starting my Cellar Craft Showcase Yakima Valley Chardonnay! Running low on whites and Summer will be here before you know it.

Hey Flem, I know the feeling. I was not allowed to use steps for a month (actually 6 weeks) but I just had to visit my wines after a month. My savior during that period was the angel I married over 50 yrs ago. She nursed be back. Hopefully you have an angel to help you. You must take care of yourself to get a full recovery, just do what the docs tell you. During the 6 weeks, I only went down the steps one time. Now I am well, and I wish you well. The wine does help. :try

What am I doing today?

Today I am shooting archery leagues with my son. This afternoon I will be bottling my Whit Zinfendel and making some Deer Sumer Sausage from this year's hunting season. :r

Today I racked, both my orange wine and my strawberry SP. I added sorbate to both and sulfite to my orange. Degassed both and I think if I could capture the CO2 I could make some money.. Man thank God for the vac pump. there was alot of gas in each of them and I gave the pump quite a workout.. 20 or so min on each degassing and then racking 10 gal so it probably ran for well over an hour today.. Works like a charm.... Oh by the way both of my wines taste GREAT!!!!! hehehe

Brian not sure what meathod you're using but I siphon the wine back to the primary on the floor, add the chemicals and mix good with the drill. I then splash rack back up to a clean carboy on the table. This method seems to remove most of the gas and then I'm spending less time, vacuum degassing.

Back