What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bottled my wild rasberry and mulberry blend wine today. it was just one gallon. got 5 bottles out of it. Discovered my glass jug had a crack in it :( So, into recycling it went. Good thing I have another glass jug of topping up wine to replace it with.

Just got the pump and filter all set up... now to filter 1655 gallons of asian pear table winei have been working on.

Last night I cracked open my black cherry / concord that has been bulk ageing for 3 months... Wow!!! it is really great.. I added a little sugar to bring out the falvor and man was it good. I gave some to my wife and she liked it to. She actually said "I am impressed" now that is saying something.. She is a bit of a wine snob...LOL I hope she doesn't read this... LOL Still watching my strawberry SP and orange clearing.. They are both taking along time for some reason. I even used bentonite, and superclear. They are clearing but real slow.. I haven't gotten that patience thing down yet... haha

me thinks his finger stuttered ... LOL !
OR been tasting this to much :dg

lol no that number is correct and it is pretty good, a little sweet for my liking though.. actually the real number was 1695 gallons, i just threw 1655 off the top of my head.

No i am not a home winemaker but i make wine and work on wine everyday. I am an assistant winemaker at a med size winery in SW Mich.

Took a half day off of work today and took the bike to go have lunch with my wife. Put 70 miles on the bike today. It felt good to be out again so early in the year. Hopefully spring will come soon.

I feel better now. Thanks!

no problem flem, didnt mean to scare anyone lol

ffment? what kind of bike do you ride? I am dieing to get mine out but we still have ice in some places and waiting for the 2 1/2 feet of snow to melt. My dad had his goldwing out the other night.

I just set up my enolmatic and was almost done sanitizing bottle when my power went out at 11:00 this morning. It just came back on about 3:45. Dang I had a helper here and all as I was getting ready to bottle about 7 cases. Oh well maybe tomorrow

Just received my order from George. CC Showcase Collection, Yakima Riesling and a RJS Cru Orchard Breezin, Strawberry White Zinfandel.
Already pitched the yeast on the Riesling.

I just set up my enolmatic and was almost done sanitizing bottle when my power went out at 11:00 this morning. It just came back on about 3:45. Dang I had a helper here and all as I was getting ready to bottle about 7 cases. Oh well maybe tomorrow

Too bad. Let us know how you like that enolmatic. As I was telling Wade, I avoid bottling like the plaque. Maybe I wouldn't if I had a decent bottling system.

What am I doing? Sitting in a hotel room in Denver, Colorado, for one more night before I can get home tomorrow evening. Before I left home, in a fermentor bucket I sealed and added an air lock to my MM Meglioli Barolo. I moved it from a ten-gallon bucket to the 7.9 gallon, so I can seal it. Even though I removed the grape pack, it is within an inch of the top of the 7.9 gallon bucket. Good thing I am past the wine volcano stage.

Man! That is the thickest and richest kit I have ever made. When I stirred the must, it was like syrup on my stirring spoon. The grape pack, which came with the kit is twice the size of the Cellar Craft grape packs. I am looking forward to racking it this weekend; it should be ready by then.

Dude,

Why are you in a hotel room when your only 80 miles away from home? That would be an easy morning commute for us. I would head for my own bed in a heartbeat and head back the next AM. :>

Back