Wild Grape Suggestions Please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you would like I can mail some Malurvurn B, it is rated as consuming up to 56% of the malic acid. The down side is lots of foam so it needs a double size primary.
I am surprised that you didn’t list a banana water batch.
Where are you getting it from?

I got some from John in the Vinters club. He ordered a half kilo brick. If you look locally 71B is rated to metabolize 1/3 of the malic.
I have had some in the fridge for two years, ,,, if you want to try it PM me.

Ah, welcome to WMT

Last edited:
I entered my wild grape wine in the state fair competition last year and the judges main comment was that it was "thin". I made it with 5 pounds of grapes per gallon plus 2 pounds of elderberries in the 6 gallon batch. I thought it was delicious enough to compete in the fair but the concept of thinness never entered my mind.
From the comments I saw here it seems like going to 7 or 8 pounds per gallon will have negative effects on the taste. Any thoughts?

Did you add any glycerin? It can improve mouthfeel, which I could see the difference between a thin wine and a wine with a little more to it. Not a good explanation, I know.

Back