2024, What are your plans?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you fermenting these dry and/or are you back sweetening any if these? I see the sugar addition to the port that was added with the liqueur. I’ve had some good ports from duoro valley, but have not made this style. I’ve also made hard cider before and found that it tasted flat without some carbonation. How do you plan to finish these? Thanks-
I try to have no preconceived idea about flavour and usually ferment to dryness. I go by taste wrt sweetening.. In the Framboise case I raised SG to 1.006 after ferment and Chambord addition and will retaste again from a carboy in about 6 months. I used 71B yeast to drop malic acid. If the wine is too tangy in 6 months I'll sweeten it to say 1.009 from 1.006. Acid drops over time. Even a small drop makes a big difference I added Chambord to a raspberry table wine but nothing yet to a fruit port which is still fermenting. I don't plan the endgame. I taste everything in real time and make adjustments based on what I taste and smell. I try to not have any preconceived ideas about what to do next. e.g. I have no idea now about how I will finish my fruit port which is still fermenting.

My mantra - taste and smell, taste and smell then try to improve the taste and smell.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back