AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sally3,

This is no longer a "hobby", Like the man said, "This is not a life and death
situation, it's much more imprtant than that!"

Made my own chicken wings for the first time today, used the rotiserie
and was very pleased with the results, they were just great with some
Hefe Weizen (wheat beer):

2006-04-17_225026_chicken_wings_001.jpg

2006-04-17_225123_chicken_wings_002.jpg

I'm WAYYYYYY too hungry to be looking at that plate of food! Time to run out for lunch. When you're up at 4:00 am luch is overdue by 8:30. Hey you have a nice day. :) Sally (beautiful day here in Michigan)

I thought that we would try a new Easter tradition, no boring ham or pickled beets or scalloped potatoes.........tried this instead!!!
2006-04-18_155937_crawfish.JPG

2006-04-18_160052_100_1476.JPG

2006-04-18_160237_100_1513.JPG

2006-04-18_160412_100_1509.JPG

2006-04-18_160513_100_1519.JPG
I hope Masta will be bringing some MOJO Spice to Dallas....want to try it on these little tasty critters!!........Ramona

I was down reading to Dexter yesterday and he needs more jelly, since
the strawberrys won't be here till July I used some organic apple juice
and low sugar pectin and made organic low sugar apple jelly for my
grandchildren.

2006-04-19_113451_taras_april_2006_003.jpg

2006-04-19_113623_apple_jelly_2006_april_002.jpg

Frank: I really like your label for the Green Apple. I'm assuming that is from the Island Mist kit which I have'nt started yet.

Did you add extra sugar to the Green apple? How does it compare to the wildberry shiraz?

I'm about ready to stabalize my WB shiraz and we rather like that. I haven't added the "F" pack yet but I think it will make a nice summer wine.

Ron

Nice label
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
it makes my mouth water just looking at it. I think a wine cooler for summer is the next one I want to try.

pepere, I used a Bellissima kit. Second one everyone loved the first
one and no I don't add any extra sugar to the Island Mist kits I like
the low alcohol in them.

Thanks Frank:

I just degassed and fined the WB Shiraz. Two days at 0.0996 and holding so I thought that should do it. I didn't use the entire "F" pack, actually about 2/3. I just kept adding until the wife and I agreed it was about right. I can't handle even a cooler that's too sweet.

I must say both of those green apple labels look mighty fine and as I mentioned earlier, love the idea of clear bottles with your WB shiraz. It really shows off the nice color of the wine. Thanks again.

Ron

All the pretty soldiers all lined up. For some reason there seems to be a swerve in the ranks of the middle platoon!
smiley36.gif

Lookin' good, Frankie!

The first beer I made (January?) was great - but I didn't have enought bottles and put them in grolsch bottles -- flat as a pancake. Did I do something wrong?

M.

Good morning Frank, Your beer looks terrific and very
professional. Is there sufficient effervescence when it's
home-made? I was thinking about ordering a "Corona" like beer kit
but if a pro like Med has hers turn out flat....yuk! I figure
your the man to ask. :) Sally

I'm not a pro with beermaking, that's for sure! But I have to tell you that I put them in the wrong kind of bottles.

I haven't opened a real beer bottled one yet. :)

There should be absolutely no difference in the carbonation of beer bottled in grolsch bottles and regular crown capped bottles unless the rubber gaskets were completely dried out enough not to seal (they are replaceable)

If it has been since January since it was bottled and it was in a room temperature area is should be well carbonated bynow. What was the beer and how much priming sugar was used?

Sally....homebrew ROCKS and carbonation is normally not an issue and can actually be adjusted to suit your tastes. Please check out the tutorial I put together a while back and it should answer most of your questions...if not....we are here to help you!

http://www.finevinewines.com/Home-Brewing-Tutorial.htm

Back