Add Your Backyard Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two year old vines are growing like crazy. I had to tie around the poles to support the canes, they were breaking off under their own weight. I am anticipating that this will be necessary every year. I have read that some growers of the gobelet style tie all the canes up together at the top of the pole. But I did not know why.

IMG_4375.jpeg

It is early June and I already have Zinfandel sizing up far beyond my Cab and Merlot. This is my first time growing Zin and maybe this is typical. I think that I found the perfect spot for Zin.

IMG_4374.jpeg

These two year old vines are growing like crazy. I had to tie around the poles to support the canes, they were breaking off under their own weight. I am anticipating that this will be necessary every year. I have read that some growers of the gobelet style tie all the canes up together at the top of the pole. But I did not know why.

View attachment 113299

It is early June and I already have Zinfandel sizing up far beyond my Cab and Merlot. This is my first time growing Zin and maybe this is typical. I think that I found the perfect spot for Zin.

View attachment 113300
Looks great. But what’s with all the dirt 😉

Latest posts

Back