Christmas Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joea132

Reaction score
Posted the pic on another thread so I figured I would explain it here. And show off! ::

This wine was made from kits that I picked up in September 2009 (I know the vintage is wrong, drank too much while bottling). I had ordered a bunch of 6 gallon pails and blew my knee out in a big way before they came in. My father was the one who basically lugged them around and transferred them into demijohns and carboys for me while I was hurt.

Fast forward to the end of 2011, I had made the wine and I was disappointed how bitter it was. I ended up pouring a bunch down my driveway in anger but smartened up and tried backsweetening a batch. I was overwhelmed with how it tasted and decided to bottle, this being 2 weeks before Christmas. My knee was healed up but my father was there again to help me through the bottling process. Anybody who has bottled any decent sized batch knows you need two people...

So while we were bottling we had the bright idea to make a label up and give these away for Christmas. We were talking about how we prettymuch did this batch together, even though we never planned to. We thought we would make the label a tribute to that and got to brainstorming. Below is the product of a father and son that probably had a few too many glasses while bottling that batch!

For those interested I used www.lunapic.com to make the label up and put the Christmas ornament effect on it.

father and son red.jpg

Joe that is a totally awesome label! It would also be worth your while to blow it up and frame it and hang it in your wine making area to cherish. I would love to have a Christmas label like that with my faminly in it.:try

Very cool. I just tried using that program for a minute and wanted to throw my comoputer against a wall.

Back