label paper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! That's awesome.
smiley36.gif

Brewgrrrl said:
Whatever paper you decide to use,I wouldNOT spray them after they are on the bottles or you'll end up with overspray on the glass.

That was going to be my next question, if you said you spray labels while on the bottle.
smiley26.gif

Seems that if one uses peel-off label stock, spraying would make it very difficult to peel off the label. I can go to a smear proof peel off label but they are not the easily removable type, so I would be back to scraping labels.

I guess moving from ink-jet printing to laser printing is about all I can do to cut down on the ink smearing... that will work.

DancerMan said:
Brewgrrrl said:
Seems that if one uses peel-off label stock, spraying would make it very difficult to peel off the label. I can go to a smear proof peel off label but they are not the easily removable type, so I would be back to scraping labels.

I guess moving from ink-jet printing to laser printing is about all I can do to cut down on the ink smearing... that will work.
Yes you spray the labels before putting them on the bottle. It makes no differance in removing the label. They still come off just as easy as if you didn't spray them.
If you are able to obtain a laser printer, then yes thats the ultimate way to go.

I think he's talking about maybe having problems removing the label from the original sheet if he sprays acrylic over the pre-cut labels. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it would be a problem or not - I reuse so many bottles that I am just all about the glue-stick approach.
smiley2.gif

Brewgrrrl said:
I think he's talking about maybe having problems removing the label from the original sheet if he sprays acrylic over the pre-cut labels. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it would be a problem or not - I reuse so many bottles that I am just all about the glue-stick approach.
smiley2.gif

Yep, I was talking about peeling it off the original sheet.

The glue stick approach does sound workable. One can print the labels on plain paper, apply acrylic, then cut them out.

Tell me, how easily do the glue stick labels peel back off the bottle when trying to reuse that bottle?

Most cases you can peal a dry label off or run a little water over it and its gone.
Thats the only bad thing w/ glue stick. So, when I know the label will get wet .. just add a rubber band over the label.

I am trying to upload a picture of the final product but it says my picture is 800kb and the max is 200. How do I change this.

Microsoft also has a picture resizer tool for Windows. You download it and then right click a file. Up pops a menu where you can resize the picture. This is a free tool- just google it. I believe it is called an image resizer.

Here is the link to the thread that tells al about uploading pics where we keep the link to the free pic resizer that works great. I use it all the time. Just find your pic after you have downloaded this tool and right click it which will immediately give you a pop up menu where you can choose resize the pic.
http://forum.finevinewines.com//forum_posts.asp?TID=2514

Berry nice!

Especially the shrink caps, perfect! Are those the normal ones we all have or something different, just smoooooth as silk against the sides of the bottles!

Great job all the way around!
smiley20.gif

Very Nice, I would like to get into some label making and you guys humble me.

Back