picture of wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
My son bought 3 kits for me to make, so I thought he needed a wine rack to store it, I made this simple rack for under 30.00...Can you tell he is an only child?

002.jpg

Nice rack, hope its attached to the wall. Whats it made of poplar?

Good looking rack.

I'm fixing to start on my own. I went last week and bought a Dado blade to make the joints. (No, Tom, not a mary jane joint :) )
I'm planning on making it out of birch.
I'm shooting for a modular rach such as this one. Then I can add to it as needed. I'm probably going for around 10 tiers of 9 bottles at first. A 90 bottle rack should offer some pretty good storage for a newbie.

FullRack.jpg

Nice rack. I have "wine rack construction" on my winter "to do" list.

Since several of you are thinking of making some wine rack I thought I would share this site with you. Look for the specific rack you want and the look at the detailed assembly instructions. Looking at the 144 Deluxe wine racks and the cube ones, I had enough info to build the ones in my wine cellar.

DSCN1871.jpg

Since several of you are thinking of making some wine rack I thought I would share this site with you. Look for the specific rack you want and the look at the detailed assembly instructions. Looking at the 144 Deluxe wine racks and the cube ones, I had enough info to build the ones in my wine cellar.

DSCN1871.jpg

The site also has all the necessary specs for the various size bottles. Definately a great site to book mark.

Thanks also, just bookmarked the site. Wine racks are on the top of the "list" for winter shop projects. Have been thinking of the diagonal open square kind to fit 750ml & 1.5's. Anyone made one like that? Roy FightingTown Creek Wines

I was actually looking into one of those 16 g finish nailers at Harbor Freight so that I could construct some racks over the winter. Once I get the garage cleaned out I'll have my shop area back again and will have a place to work.

Doug be carefull, sometimes you get what you pay for. Make sure it is a finish nailer and not a brad nailer. I got a nice Porta Cable at Home Depot I like a lot.

Good looking rack.

I'm fixing to start on my own. I went last week and bought a Dado blade to make the joints. (No, Tom, not a mary jane joint :) )
I'm planning on making it out of birch.
I'm shooting for a modular rach such as this one. Then I can add to it as needed. I'm probably going for around 10 tiers of 9 bottles at first. A 90 bottle rack should offer some pretty good storage for a newbie.

FullRack.jpg
Very nice rack. I started a small rack 2 years ago, added to it last year and will again this year. It never ends.

Doug be carefull, sometimes you get what you pay for. Make sure it is a finish nailer and not a brad nailer. I got a nice Porta Cable at Home Depot I like a lot.
I got my nail gun at Home Depot too. Brads and finish nails up to 2 1/2 inches, money well spent. The compressed air is always good to have. I also use it to shoot cotton balls thru tubing. :b

the one at Harbor Freight says 1 1/4 - 2 1/2" 16 guage finish nails. Figured I'd get a box of 1 1/4 nails at the same time. I already have the compressor. I actually have a bunch of oak and cherry wood as well. The cherry are 1X6 about 3-4' long.

Back