Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conversation with my Lakota friend and his wife:

HIM: In Lakota society, the woman always walks two steps behind the man. That's so he can protect her."

WIFE: No, it's so she can kick him in the butt to get him moving!

🤣

Over time, I found that this is a common area of disagreement between Lakota men and women. 😄

I have not seen one of these guys for many, many years. The reason I am posting this is I wonder if any of you "car guys" can identify the car in the background on the right. I know the car on the left is a '57 Mercury but I am having trouble with the other. I am thinking Studebaker Hawk, but I am not sure.

1729530336366.png

I have not seen one of these guys for many, many years. The reason I am posting this is I wonder if any of you "car guys" can identify the car in the background on the right. I know the car on the left is a '57 Mercury but I am having trouble with the other. I am thinking Studebaker Hawk, but I am not sure.

View attachment 117018

Rocky, the car on the left is indeed a 1957 Mercury Monterey. The other car just isn't clear enough for me, but the '57 Hawks had fins.

1957-mercury-monterey-4.jpg

6781_30.jpg

How many of you remember...
1729548546062.png I remember these on coffee and spam cans.
1729548636147.png Checking out a book..
1729548695419.pngStill have one and use it regularly to cut eggs for egg salad. Cut in one direction then rotate the egg 90 degrees and cut again. Works like a charm.

1729548829259.pngOne of my favorite sandwiches, fried bologna ("Jumbo" for you Pittsburghers) with sliced onion and brown mustard.

1729549518839.png

I did not take Home EC, of course, but I wish I had rather than useless electives I took. I do remember our girls bringing their "creations" to our home room and having their boyfriends try them, an exceedingly poor strategy for a girl trying to impress a boy.

How many of you remember...
View attachment 117024 I remember these on coffee and spam cans.
View attachment 117025 Checking out a book..
View attachment 117026Still have one and use it regularly to cut eggs for egg salad. Cut in one direction then rotate the egg 90 degrees and cut again. Works like a charm.

View attachment 117027One of my favorite sandwiches, fried bologna ("Jumbo" for you Pittsburghers) with sliced onion and brown mustard.
All of the above, still have the egg slicer, don't eat the fried balogna anymore. My brother still eats the fried "klik" which would be the same as your (original) spam

1729549716274.png

View attachment 117028
I had a '50 Plymouth that had three keys; one for ignition/door, one for trunk and one for glove box.

1977 Buick Regal.

Funny thing is I have the same thing for my 1998 Tacoma. To be fair, the ignition switch crapped out last year so I replaced it for $7. Now I have one key for the door and gas cap, and one for the ignition.

Why? because I'm too cheap to replace the door and gas cap locks, that work just fine!

Back