Reusing Beer Bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokegrub

Reaction score
I am a recycling advocate so as I walked the roads near my vacation home I picked up some discarded beer bottles, thinking they might be useful in bottling a sparklind cider this Fall. However, I noticed they are screw-on cap bottles. Can I use those? Can they be recapped or can I use a screw-on cap?

I don't think the twist off bottles will work.

Look through them for any Sam Adam's, Carona, Heineken and other imported beers for the old time tops.

We lucked out...asked at a liquor store for refillable bottles, he said they no longer carried them but told us the name of the old distributor...he had some old cases out in a warehouse and sold us cases of 24 bottles for $2 a case....since then friends are saving Sam Adams and some imported beer bottles...those seem a little lighter weight than the old time ones.

Ask at your recycling place if they could save you some or know where you could get any.

Otherwise, you might have to buy some bottles, crown caps and a caper.

NW is correct the twist off bottles can not be recapped and besides all beers worth drinking come in capped bottles not twist off!
smiley36.gif

Don't forget to take the found empties with you to the recycle center. One of the few things I dislike about spring is all the beer cans and bottles that the teens have tossed out of their trucks and cars before going home at night start showing up in the ditches.

Latest posts

Back