Sebastopol new Pinot Noir home winemaker.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very happy to find this forum website. I can already see that I will learn and share many things in this lovely wine making journey.
I have one acre of Pinot Noir in Sebastopol Ca. Russian River Valley AVA. I am also a bit of an expert when it comes to affordable sustainable wine barrels.
I am about to pick my second harvest looking forward to make another batch.
Cheers
Leo Prada

Very happy to find this forum website. I can already see that I will learn and share many things in this lovely wine making journey.
I have one acre of Pinot Noir in Sebastopol Ca. Russian River Valley AVA. I am also a bit of an expert when it comes to affordable sustainable wine barrels.
I am about to pick my second harvest looking forward to make another batch.
Cheers
Leo Prada
Welcome! Can you elaborate on the affordable barrels?

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
MiBor:
Thank you for the warm welcome! My first harvest was a small batch from our Capri Vineyards in Sonoma County. We produced a Pinot Noir, and I learned the importance of closely monitoring brick levels and temperature fluctuations during fermentation. One lesson was not to rush the process – patience is key, especially with Pinot. I'm also tracking CO2 concentration as part of the process, which has been valuable.

VinesnBines:
Thanks for the welcome! At ReCoop Barrels, we offer affordable barrels by re-toasting previously used barrels. It's a sustainable alternative to buying new, maintaining the oak character while reducing costs. This allows winemakers to save money without compromising quality.

BarrelMonkey:
Appreciate the welcome! Great to connect with a fellow Pinot Noir winemaker nearby. Mendocino produces some fantastic wines! I'm looking forward to exchanging knowledge with someone in the same region.

Christopher Anderson:
Thank you! ReCoop Barrels offers a sustainable alternative by re-toasting used barrels, preserving the oak essence at a fraction of the cost. You can learn more about our barrels at www.recoopbarrels.com. Incidentally am giving a talk on the subject tomorrow http://bit.ly/3MN4N5z

Tip: While you are pruning your vineyard, play Italian operas your fruit will double in size ;)

Back