spring is here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daily highs are in the 70's here. I've already seen bud break on a few varieties.

We saw 35º F today. I'm glad to see the ice break but don't want to see bud break till April. Last frost dates near the end of April make me too nervous when the temps. start to rise too much this early in the year.

St. Allie how have the grape vines done for you this year?

We saw 35º F today. I'm glad to see the ice break but don't want to see bud break till April. Last frost dates near the end of April make me too nervous when the temps. start to rise too much this early in the year.

St. Allie how have the grape vines done for you this year?

Hey Racer, thanks for asking..

looking good.. I took off any fruit that formed as I want the vines to get a headstart on their root systems..

will get some pix for you soon.. just juicing apples and pears at present.. it's a mission!

Allie :p

24 degrees in Mankato, Mn right now.

Just checked on my buddy in Haver,Mt. 20 degrees there and foggy.

Boyd - I hear they have a nice LHBS in Mankato. My Brother-in-law from Waseca goes there all the time for his kit supplies.

I imagine today will be a nice day down there for you - maybe 50?

There is a LHBS here but they don't stock a whole lot but will order for you if you like. I'll buy there if they have what I want in stock.

Quicker to order from Midwest.

There is another at Pine Island and two in Rochester.

Pine Island gives a discount if you have a member card.

Didn't get to 50 but with the sun a coat was not needed.

I just hope Spring actually gets here before there's nothing but bare ground where my winter wood supply used to be. Gettin' pretty low....

going to prune my 3 year old vineyard this weekend....its exciting...hoping for enough grapes to make 250 to 300 bottles in August

hit 40 today, Sunday were looking at -20F, go figure, I wish i had buds growing!.

I took this picture this morning of a brave daffodil getting ready to bloom in front of a neighbor's house. The daffodils in my backyard are still under a foot of snow. Spring really is on the way.
Larry

Daffodils 3 4 10.jpg

April Fool

This is a photo of MY daffodils who thought it was safe to bloom last April!
Mother Nature sure fooled THEM!
839b5ef0.jpg

"Spring" around here is only a date on the calendar....

I took this picture this morning of a brave daffodil getting ready to bloom in front of a neighbor's house. The daffodils in my backyard are still under a foot of snow. Spring really is on the way.
Larry

Wow thats impressive! I lived in Rochester, NY for 13 years before I moved down to SC here and my flowers aren't even that high yet!

Latest posts

Back