sweet corn wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dknowlton

Junior
Reaction score
has anyone here ever tried making sweet corn wine? if so, how did it turn out?

has anyone here ever tried making sweet corn wine? if so, how did it turn out?

I haven't, but isn't that called moonshine? or does it have to be distilled to be moonshine? Either way, I love sweet corn, but I have a hard time imagining the fermented version having much (good) flavor.

Maybe you could "oak" it with a few corn cobs :db

yeah, shine is a distilled corn whiskey but that's grain corn as opposed to sweet corn. the fermentation process is the same but you run it through a still to get the high octane stuff. I'm just thinking that sweet corn might make an interesting wine. the sweetness and flavor of good sweet corn could make an interesting flavor. I might give it a shot and let y'all know how it turns out

yeah, shine is a distilled corn whiskey but that's grain corn as opposed to sweet corn. the fermentation process is the same but you run it through a still to get the high octane stuff. I'm just thinking that sweet corn might make an interesting wine. the sweetness and flavor of good sweet corn could make an interesting flavor. I might give it a shot and let y'all know how it turns out

Interesting maybe but pleasant...I just can't see it...lol. I LOVE me some corn but it just doesn't sound like something I'd want to drink fermented.

lol...I understand but thought it might be an interesting experiment to try. but I'm only gonna go with a 1 gallon batch so I don't tie up a big carboy

Back