Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever tried the Fontana kits sold by Amazon?
Hello Chris,
Thank you for reaching out with your inquiry!

The main difference between the ABC Crafted Series and the Fontana Series is in the sourcing and blending of the wine concentrates. The ABC Crafted Series uses blended concentrates from various wine regions around the world. For example, a Crafted Series Cabernet might combine Cabernet from Chile with Cabernet from California.

On the other hand, the Fontana Series is more region-specific, with concentrates coming from well-known wine-producing regions such as California or Australia, staying true to the origin of the grape.

If you have any more questions or need assistance choosing a kit, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
ABC Cork Co Customer Support

Probably. The amount of change depends on the wine and the amount of raisins.

Although this is a kit wine thread, a lesson from white grape wines applies. Last fall I fermented Vidal juice as one batch, and the remainder of the grapes on the skins, producing 2 different wines. The two wines are quite similar, but the on-skins wine has an orange caste to it, and it's heavier bodied. We like it a lot, but it is different from the juice-only wine.

I expect that if you add golden raisins to a white kit, you'll get a similar result, depending on the varietal and the amount of raisins used. Tannin, color, aroma, and body elements will be extracted from the raisins. It's not going to be as heavy bodied as a red, but more so than the typical white.
The next question and I know this is all personal, but how many ounces without going overboard for a five gallon batch. I believe raisins come in 12 ounce boxes.

The next question and I know this is all personal, but how many ounces without going overboard for a five gallon batch. I believe raisins come in 12 ounce boxes.
I have no firm answer, but if it were me, I'd try 12 to 16 oz in a batch. After that, adjust other batches based upon your results.

Back