What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not able to as my only primary was being utilized for a mist kit. I wish I had known you guys were going. I could have met you for lunch.

Mike that would have been nice, maybe some other time we can do that.

Had a wine and cheese party last night. Some of my northern friends are leaving this weekend. Think there was 16 of us, we consumed 15 bottles of wine, 12 different kinds, it was a bunch of happy people. Mostly sweet wines and most very young but it was a good party. Black Currant was the biggest hit, but everyone said they liked it all. I promised them we would do it again next winter with same wines so they can tell what a little time does to it.
Looren

Had a wine and cheese party last night. Some of my northern friends are leaving this weekend. Think there was 16 of us, we consumed 15 bottles of wine, 12 different kinds, it was a bunch of happy people. Mostly sweet wines and most very young but it was a good party. Black Currant was the biggest hit, but everyone said they liked it all. I promised them we would do it again next winter with same wines so they can tell what a little time does to it.
Looren

Black Currant is my Fav!

In the car on my laptop going to Key West for vacation. Just passed Knoxville, TN

Freezing. Damn ground is frozen. No yard work today. Bloody snow called for tomorrow. *grumble grumble*
Plans for building the raised beds today are delayed until it's not freezing. Going to get some more grapes and other fruits that will make yummy wine eventually.

Spray citrus trees, refill hummingbird feeders, plant zinias for swmbo, smoke chicken and ribs, remove grape pack from MMM Rojo intinsio, 8pm dinner date with swmbo . . . yipee.

Cleaning house, 5 carboys need racked, gonna smoke up a brisket. But have yet to get off my ... except to get coffee. Snowed again last night. but think I will burn the shovel instead of use it.
Need to design a smoker that works in a fire place. Can't stand the thought of going out into the snow. Still have over 2 feet in the yard!

Going to a wine tasting in a few minutes and again tomorrow at Hid-In-Pines Vineyard.

Was going to try to prune this AM first, but it was 15 degrees and two feet of snow left. I checked the records for last year and this coming week it was 80 on Monday and 78 on Tuesday. Highs are expected to be in the 30's this week again...............

Took our pup to the vet this morn cuz shes been vomiting the last day. Xray shows a rock in her lower intestine! OMG! Surgery time :( Im really worried about her and I hated leaving her at the vets....

Didn't know that! So there's enough headspace in the pail???

Yes they call it wine for dummies down there. Yeast is already added also. All you have to do is remove the lid and keep it 70-75*'s. It's not too late to get some. They order extra and you may still be able to order some for their next shipment.

Wish there was a place around here to get juices. The extra shipping cost makes it NOT worth mail order, unless I order like 20 buckets at a time.
3 more months and this area will be buried in fresh fruit though.

At dogfish head brewery in Milton DE the to their bfrew pub. Got a bunch homebrewers and rented a bus. 5t0 guys and gals ... well let's soy wil had our fill

Back