What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At dogfish head brewery in Milton DE the to their bfrew pub. Got a bunch homebrewers and rented a bus. 5t0 guys and gals ... well let's soy wil had our fill

Tom I would say you have had your fill or you started taking lessons off of Wade on spelling. :d :)

At dogfish head brewery in Milton DE the to their bfrew pub. Got a bunch homebrewers and rented a bus. 5t0 guys and gals ... well let's soy wil had our fill

ur only 30 min from me!! I shudda stopped in LOL! Hope yall have fun!

Judging by the spelling you sure did!!! LOLOLOLOL Just kidding Tom, if spelling were the case It would look like Im drunk all the time. Im good speller, just not a good typer.
Jeepingchick I feel for ya and just got back from the vet myself as we have 3 week old kittens and one of them had an infection in an eye where iy was crusted over shut.

ROFLMAO, I bet at this point he doesn't know the difference between PIA and IPA :p

We went to an auction that said it had "wine making equipment". They didn't have much in the way of equipment, but they sold many cases of wine. Oops, they sold cases of bottles and gave the winning bidders the wine in the bottles. We bought about 20 empty bottles, 1/2 and 1 gallon sizes. We also bought a bunch of tins, like Christmas popcorn comes in. I wanted the 2 big plastic containers for primaries, they looked to hold 2 gallons or so. The plastic containers had dried peaches in them, I won the bid against a guy that wanted the peaches( I ended up giving him a zip lock baggie of them). We weighed one of the containers, it was 9 pounds! Also opened all the tins before taking to the local thrift store, and 5 more contained dried fruit! So, now we have maybe 25 - 30 pounds of dried fruit, apples, peaches, plums, nectarines, hard telling what else!
Now, as soon as we get more carboys and recipes, we'll be amking wine from dried fruit!

ROFLMAO, I bet at this point he doesn't know the difference between PIA and IPA :p
Yea damn DROID! finfers not as nimble as on a keyboard.

Tought U's likes dis

Da speeling poleese is out agains...

DA beer was good!
PIA can be Dan
IPA can be I P Alot?
You tell me..

U been drinking what I did? U makes no cents...LOL

alcoholic-766131.jpg

I think your just jealous Wade that you where not there with Dan and his two bottles

I racked my Rhubarb and Riesling and then filtered and bottled the Chard from Cali. grapes. Tastes very nice already but needs more time. The Chard was cold stabilized for about 4 months in my cellar.

Chard B4.jpg

Chard Aft.jpg

Racked, de-gassed and super kleered cranberry skeeter pee. Finished a wood working project, bottled 5 gal. Traminette, this stuff is great.

If you have not tried this hybrid grape developed by Cornell University, its parent grape is Gewurztraminer, yet it has a more floral nose and lacks the bitterness of Gewurz. I am fortunate enough to be within 15 miles of the first vines planted anywhere, and buy juice from the guy who wins all the gold for best Traminette.
I am now waiting for the car race and thinking about a half bottle of overflo in the fridge. hmm.

Racked, de-gassed and super kleered cranberry skeeter pee. Finished a wood working project, bottled 5 gal. Traminette, this stuff is great.

If you have not tried this hybrid grape developed by Cornell University, its parent grape is Gewurztraminer, yet it has a more floral nose and lacks the bitterness of Gewurz. I am fortunate enough to be within 15 miles of the first vines planted anywhere, and buy juice from the guy who wins all the gold for best Traminette.

I agree with you Red. I picked up some of this last Fall from Walkers and it was the first I tasted it. Good wine!!!!

Racked my water wine this morning. Sure hope it doesn't lose it's nice clear color. I'm hoping it clears out quick. Has a nice 12% ABV to it.

Don't plan on doing a mlf on it, acid levels are in a good range.

Actually this is true, I made a water wine to blend with my noble and muskadine that I didn't thin in the beginning. Both were thick and high in acid.

Now I have my meters I know better. It did take a month to ferment though.

Kind of funny I was just watching Swamp People on TV and as they were talking in the kitchen there were four 1 gallon jugs of wine under air locks and a primary with a rag on it. The gallon jugs were only half full. I guess being a gator hunter in the swamps you'll drink anything.

Back