What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We tried bison bacon today. What a disappointment! It had the flavour that I associate with lamb that is a bit too old when it's slaughtered, or goat. Plus it had to be at least twice as salty as regular bacon.

That's a LOT of salt.

Ah well, if you don't try it, you'll never know!

Staying home with kids on "snow" day + leftover dough and sauce from Saturday's pizza party = pizza for lunch. This one was mine. Pepperoni, sausage, fresh mozzarella.

IMG_2819.jpg

BBQ pork tenderloin in a spicy Brazilian marinade with roasted carrots, potatoes and beets drizzled with a balsamic-honey reduction. Using that same reduction on some french vanilla ice cream for dessert :)

Got me drooling, Raelene. Care to share that marinade?

Lol, you bet!
I blitzed most of a head of garlic cloves, zest and juice from 1 lime, dried cayenne pepper (whole with seeds), whole cumin (1/2 ish tsp), and some crushed tomato.

I sliced the tenderloin into long, flat strips, marinated for 24 hours, then squiggled them onto kabob skewers and BBQ'd.

Smokey, spicy, and a hint of Brazilian churrascaria :)

What's for dinner...

I made 24 Hamburgers, 10 # worth of Beef seasoned with Sweet BBQ Burger Seasoning from Butcher & Packers.

Smoked them under Mesquite smoke for 1.5 hours.

Most went into the freezer for later.

Turned out very nice.

2 Hamberger Patties  01-26-15.jpg

3 Hamberger Patties  01-26-15.jpg

Grilled chicken rubbed with Adobo, cumin and Aleppo chili served with black beans and rice. Simple, protein packed, and delicious.

I made a Moroccan-style lamb stew/tagine with lamb shoulder, fennel, garlic, onions, mushrooms, carrots, lacinto kale, orange juice, and coriander/cumin/turmeric/cinnamon/ginger/cardamom spices. Served over pearl cous-cous. Yum!

80/20 ground chuck burgers with Weber's burger seasoning and worcestershire. Topped with caramelized onion, sharp cheddar, lettuce and tomato. Onion rings and stir-fried zucchini on the side.

Edit: Here's a pic. I grossly overcooked them (got distracted), but with that shot of Woosty sauce, they were still juicy. Went with spinach and arugala instead of plain lettuce. Zuke not pictured.

Oh yeah, and the chicken with black beans and rice from the other night.

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic Mike! How'd the Pinot hold up to that rich looking dish?

Last edited:
Pan seared ribeye with Barolo pan sauce.

Note: no vegetables were harmed in the preparation of this dinner. :)

Overcooked by just a couple degrees and I added a touch too much salt. Otherwise, a really enjoyable steak all on its own.

Still recovering from Superbowl Sunday Fantasy Football party at our house. I made a ginormous BBQ pulled pork with the Instant Pot which turned out amazing as well as a huge pan of Buffalo Mac & Cheese. Lots of leftovers. :sm

5429708155_3e7e18ecf2_thumb.jpg

Back