Amarone bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
This is one of the MM fresh juices from last fall. I can't tell you how nice it is to have my kitchen counter back!!
smiley1.gif

20080419_081448_Amorone_bottles.jpg

Wow! I really love the label and the message on this one. This is what I translated a while back right?

smiley36.gif
Hell if I know, NW! It's Italian!

"Fish Farm Winery" translated to "Cantina dell' Impresa di Piscicolture".
smiley1.gif

Dean was nice enough to tell me what I was saying!

Thanks Dean!
smiley4.gif

"A wine of an irresistible elegance draws them subliminally in its
orbit. Intense ruby red coloring has a taste of coffee, cherries, and
dried fruits of the sun.

True english translation would be:

A wine of an irresistible elegance that draws people from all
around. Intense ruby red coloring, with a hint of coffee, cherries and
sun dried fruit."

Dean said:
Wow! I really love the label and the message on this one. This is what I translated a while back right?

Whoops! Cross posts!
smiley4.gif

I personally like the thought of being in someone's orbit. <sigh>

joan i'am making this one ,this september from italy,how would you describe yours to me and did you use any oak,or wasn't it part of the make-up of the wine itself,tring to get to know this wine before i make it if you get my meaning//////joe

It came with oak so I used it. To be honest I was underwhelmed with it at bottling but I also know that the real stuff from Italy is in the bottle for 5 years before it's sold so I didn't expect much. It seemed a little thin to me. I'm hoping it mellows and deepens in flavor with a bunch of time.

Nice work, Joan, as always. I bottled my Cellar Craft Amarone a few weeks ago. It was very heavy bodied. I will taste the first bottle in a year--that's assuming I can control myself that long!

I ordered the CC Viognier kit today.

if you would for me did you taste it at bottling,if so tell me about thearoma,taste and finish and that will give me a good base to work on if you want to,,,i'll still buy a couple of bottles to taste before making,thats how i make my wine by having a good profile to work with ///thanks jp thanks again////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Th only thing about that is that a decent bottle of Amarone goes for around $80!!!!!!!!

joeswine said:
if you would for me did you taste it at bottling,if so tell me about thearoma,taste and finish and that will give me a good base to work on if you want to,,,i'll still buy a couple of bottles to taste before making,thats how i make my wine by having a good profile to work with ///thanks jp thanks again////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Joe, I'd ask someone who could give you accurate info! I don't even drink!

Latest posts

Back