Anyone want my grapes or juice? (SE Wisconsin)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, of all the rotten, ironic luck.

I am going to Bordeaux, France shortly. Yay! (Right?) Except that the grapes and juice I am getting in a group buy with the Wisconsin Vintner's Association will be coming in while I am gone.

I ordered 300 lbs of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes and 13 gallons of Viognier juice, both from Washington State (Prosser area, near Horse Heaven Hills). It will likely be coming next week. If you are interested in these grapes or juice, please send me a private message (envelope icon in upper right of your browser). Feel free to leave a note here, too, but I will respond by private message.

When are they coming? (He asks knowing full well he doesn’t have time to make more wine).

Hi Chuck,

We don't have precise arrival time yet. We have been told that the grapes are being harvested no0w, and will ship this weekend, So it seems likely that it will be in the early part of next week.

The way WVA does this is to have a group crush using a communal crusher/destermmer. Everyone brings their buckets (or larger vessels) and we fill them one at a time with must. Then we clean up, thank our hosts, and enjoy some wine together before heading home.

Back