Disappointed!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband ordered 160lbs of fresh Cab Sauvignon grapes from this company https://www.baywinebrokers.com/, he paid for 2 Days Air shipping because we wanted our grapes to be in a great condition. We waited since the middle of September till the grapes reached the proper brix (24). Today the UPS truck brought us 3 buckets of "frozen" must, 6 gallons each. My husband called them and had a long conversation. No apologies, just long explanations why they sent must instead of fresh grapes. So, it wasn't a mistake, they did this without calling my husband and asking him whether he wants must instead of fresh grapes. After picking our Isabella, Eastern Concord and Cab Sauvignon yesterday and today, destemming, crushing and starting Isabella/Concord wine, we had a pleasantly lazy evening. But it wasn't what we were waiting for. We crashed our Cab Sauvignon along with thawed Frontenac and Cab Franc from our micro wine yard and mixed everything with the must. We got more must and will make more wine. Also, we got 3 buckets that are very useful. But we ordered fresh grapes and didn't receive them. Not a good experience at all.

Latest posts

Back