Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're only crazy if: 1.) You go to a ball game; and 2.) You buy a beer. So, I'm good. 🤣
I remember going with my wife and three boys to Fenway Park with great seats behind first base for a grand total of $32. Those same seats today are well over $100 each. ($161 to be exact. That would make it $805 today - up about 2500% in about 50 years!)

Last edited:
I remember going g with my wife and three boys to Fenway Park with great seats behind first base for a grand total of $32. Those same seats today are well over $100 each.
I went to a 1975 Cincinnati Red-Boston Red Sox World Series game Riverfront Stadium, purchased a standing room only 1 ticket for $12. I can't recall the money I dished out for beer that game. Pittsburgh Pirate fan so only there as an observer

Amateurs... The trick is to purchase the cheapest seats in the park and spend part of the first inning in those. Then go online with your cellphone (to stubhub, etc.) and look for tickets still for sale. Once you have the location of the good seats that are still vacant, go and enjoy the game. As far as beer prices go, I'm still working on that - open for suggestions...

I went to a 1975 Cincinnati Red-Boston Red Sox World Series game Riverfront Stadium, purchased a standing room only 1 ticket for $12. I can't recall the money I dished out for beer that game. Pittsburgh Pirate fan so only there as an observer
Lifelong Reds fan here. Game 6 (at Fenway) of that series is considered by many to be the greatest WS game ever. In the postgame interview with Pete Rose he said that he wished they had won but he was grateful to have been a part of it. Anyone who has ever watched a WS game on tv has probably seen the Carlton Fisk home run that won it. For the record, the Reds won game 7.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back