Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it’s worth your first kit , with the ec1118, it’s a work horse and nobody here knows your work space , environment or skills , ec1118 ends that question you can experiment as you move forward in this craft, just my thoughts , your wine 🍷

Attachments

• IMG_3344.jpeg
    IMG_3344.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Hi Joe, I've been making wine for about 1 1/2 years now. I've made 6 kits and I've made blueberry mead, banana wine, pineapple and strawberry wine, and I began with Welchs grape juice and my second batch was grape cran, I am not saying I'm an experienced winemaker but I've gained a ton of knowledge here on the forum. I guess my recent ordeal with the metheglin mead made me question my ability

Hi Joe, I've been making wine for about 1 1/2 years now. I've made 6 kits and I've made blueberry mead, banana wine, pineapple and strawberry wine, and I began with Welchs grape juice and my second batch was grape cran, I am not saying I'm an experienced winemaker but I've gained a ton of knowledge here on the forum. I guess my recent ordeal with the metheglin mead made me question my ability
Unless playing things totally safe, everyone has a problem batch. Don't let it bother you -- learn from it and keep on truckin'.

There’s a big difference in the wines you’ve made ( your list ) than a deep red , just saying not the same I could be wrong.

I’m this is what’s in progress right now it will be 8 in total running the gamit from a rose’ to a pino Grigio, 2 cabs, Sharaz and a Merlot, savugon Blanc .
The two in the tubs are 2 weeks out before the secondary, the rest are in 2 week intervals .

Attachments

• IMG_3359.jpeg
    IMG_3359.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Wow, when I did three juice buckets plus the three lugs of grapes the buckets were already starting to ferment. I was really busy crushing grapes and dealing with the buckets I said to myself this is maybe too much all at once. It all came out good but I'm a hobbyist winemaker. Thats a lot of work, mentally and physically.

Wow, when I did three juice buckets plus the three lugs of grapes the buckets were already starting to ferment. I was really busy crushing grapes and dealing with the buckets I said to myself this is maybe too much all at once. It all came out good but I'm a hobbyist winemaker. That's a lot of work, mentally and physically.

when you’ve done this as long as I have , directions , you don’t need you just move through the process along with your hydrometer without even think .
It’s fun, thinking outside the box is very cool , BUTT THATS JUST ME🍷🍷🍷

Do you find that there is a big difference between the high-end kits and the cheap ones? From my limited experience, I found that my cheapest kit so far was my favorite.

I find that the less expensive kits require more things added to them (extra oak, tanning, flavors) than the more expensive ones.

But both can make equally nice wines.

I find that the less expensive kits require more things added to them (extra oak, tanning, flavors) than the more expensive ones.

Either way you’re making the wine yours , yes?
The items used to enhance the wines aren’t expensive nor of great quantities, yes ?
I think the value it gives to the beholder and it’s all subjective to one’s taste, FACT.

Of a hight end kit has a 2 once package of toasted oak , abd a cheaper kit doesn’t how much does it cost to add 2 ounces of oak ( bought ).
It’s not the cost it’s the desire to learn how to tweak or not ? All wine is TWEAKED

Today on the menu , Rose’ , Cabernet Sauvignon, and pino Grigio .
5 to go….

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3422.jpeg
    IMG_3422.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3420.jpeg
    IMG_3420.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3419.jpeg