Visiting local vineyards

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I decided it’s time to get out and visit more Wisconsin wineries. To day we visited one in a winemakers home basement , he makes wine from vinifera juice and local fruits. His black currant and plum wines were very good. Good stuff kinda weird being in a basement.
The next was a big vineyard, for Wisconsin anyway, (1600 vines) pretty much all cold hardy grapes. All his wines were really well made, clean and crisp. His Brianna was excellent. The Sabrivois was also very nice. The winemaker really knows what he’s doing. Cold hardy grapes made properly can be more drinkable and taste better than any wine I drank in Calaveras county California last year. Plus they make great wood fired pizzas.

The basement winery is on my scale. As a result I really like the vinters summer picnics and the extra monthly Vinters Board meetings.
Jim you are invited to Marshal (Dane County) for the July 23 Prairie Vintners get together.

Latest posts

Back