What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High for today was bout 37* here. Must be nice. Send me a picture of the sun so I can work on my tan please.:db:tz

I keep telling Kat that I want to move further south.Just don't know how you guys in MI and NY deal with the cold.

Yep, the high today was 27 degrees but we have a heat wave coming. It will be in the low 40's the next few days before 30's and snow Saturday. ...............

Today I scored on 20 cases of bottles. I was expecting more but was happy with those and besides the winery owner also kicked in a pound of med toast oak chips he didn't need.
Tonight I found an eagles nest about two miles from my house people have been talking about. I've seen eagles for the last month but now I know where the nest is. Anyone interest in seeing a real time video of an eagle and her babies can go to the link below. During the day you can see her feeding the babies squirrels and other critters. Not just fish!

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html

That nest link is so sweet!
Today met with the pastor about renovations inside the church. Tonight finally starting up the elderberry that has been in the house for over a month. Decided on a 3 gallon batch of higher quality instead of 5 gallons of blush. While I am getting that going, making sure I have all of the makings for skeeter pee. Stirring that up now but will not pitch the yeast. Gonna just toss in the slurry and let it go when the time comes. Temps should match as this will be sitting next to it for the next 4 or 5 days.
Had 4 days off, back to work in the morning.

Last edited:
Working on a special project for the State. The big boss was asking about my day and I said "Oh just staying busy and putting out small fires when they spring up. She said I wish you could come put out small fires here at the State office. I don't think I'd mind going from the local bureau to the state department. It's be a sizable raise. I truly hope an opportunity arises.
Other than that, my cheese making kit arrived and my tools for canning. I think next pay day I'll be buying a pressure canner. Found one at Wal Mart for under $70.
The peas are about 1 foot tall. starting to get their true leaves. Could probably be ready to harden off next week. Will build something for them to climb this weekend.

Today I scored on 20 cases of bottles. I was expecting more but was happy with those and besides the winery owner also kicked in a pound of med toast oak chips he didn't need.
Tonight I found an eagles nest about two miles from my house people have been talking about. I've seen eagles for the last month but now I know where the nest is. Anyone interest in seeing a real time video of an eagle and her babies can go to the link below. During the day you can see her feeding the babies squirrels and other critters. Not just fish!

Great score, Dan!!!:try Unfortunately, the eagle doesn't have a nite lite in its nest tonight. I just love bald eagles and all birds of prey for that matter.

I was watching her today for awhile. Looks like she's cold. The babies were under her belly. Wasn't sure if there was sound so I put on the speaker. Incredibly she was humming Rockwell's "I've Got A Feeling Somebody's Watching Me":)

Back