What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great score Dan but I have one also. I emailed a small local winery that just went comercial last year and asked what they did with their used bottles and they said come and get them. So far I picked up 12 cases and 7 of them are delabled and cleaned. They have about 20 more cases that I can have as soon as they dig them out and they are all cleaned and delabled. I told them the next time they needed any help to give me a call and this fall when they do the pressing etc that I would help and give me a call. One good turn deserves another.. Other than that I started my next batch of Blk cherry/ concord. The first was a small batch and it is only 3 months old and shows great promise.. This is a great hobby.. Ye Haw!!:db:db:db

Way to go Brian. If you don't ask you don't know.

Thats right Dan. Thanks Flem! They had all these used bottles they could not use and they were just sitting there waiting for me... haha I was not to happy with their wine though.. LOL I did buy a bottle of elderberry that is nice but I am not to much of a desert wine guy but it won't go to waste I am sure..

Dang its cold. Kylie had softball this evening, she did really good her first at bat, hit it off the first pitch!!! She almost scored but got taged as she ran over home. I was really proud!!! Her 2nd at bat she hit the ball right off...to bad she hit it on her hand! Almost busted her knuckle :( bless her heart she cried and was in quite a bit of pain. only good thing about the cold was there were cold bats to place on her knuckle in place of an ice pack!!

Gumbo is doing well since her surgery. She pouncing around the house like nothign happened. Ramming people with her cone. Will she learn not to eat any rocks??? doubtfull.. will i learn to watch her better?? Beter believe it!!!

OK, you busted our chops on the test equipment so Im coming back here. What does this do that your laptop doesnt and since you lready have a lap top and a Iphone??????

This changes everything..........

Again.

It's literally a 1 pound touchscreen laptop. Screaming fast. Great games. Music, movies, books. I can connect to my iTunes movie server and watch movies or tv shows while I work out. I can also use the Sling adapter on my Dish Network receiver to stream my recorded or live TV from anywhere on the road. With the 3G I can use it for google maps on the road. I can iChat with my parents or my kids who live out of state. I can pull up recipes online while I cook in the kitchen.

And of course iPron! :sm. JK!

Truly an amazing device.

OK, you busted our chops on the test equipment so Im coming back here. What does this do that your laptop doesnt and since you lready have a lap top and a Iphone??????

Yesterday I was raking my lawn. This is what it looks like this morning.

IMG_20110331_080408.jpg

I'm glad we didn't have anything lay. I'm ready for warm weather.

I racked my pee, jalepeno pepper and blueberry pomegranate last night. Stabilized and added sparkoloid to all. Looking pretty good this am. Waiting for the Lemon/Lime Pee to get to an acceptable level for transfer into carboy. That batch will be for the Cranberry Lime Skeeter pee.

Poor old man Bacchus, he looks lonely and cold and not even a single grape vine to watch over. Send him to me, I have 40 he can tend to.

PS, I am watering the yard and gardens today. Sunny and warm with a high of 68! :D

Yesterday I was raking my lawn. This is what it looks like this morning.

Hey Dan you can rake your yard today also make it look like one of those japanese gardens LOL

I got a strange disease, my skin won't stop itching, now it's red from scratching. Took 2 yr. old grand-daughter for a swimming lesson, great fun for her and I. Then I started itching. Have not looked at my wine for 3 days because I don't feel like it with my skin now hurting all over. Just a little better today. All those years when I was never sick, now every other day a new malady. It took 3 days for me to write this. :b

Dan, good catch with the .01 & .1.

I got a strange disease, my skin won't stop itching, now it's red from scratching. Took 2 yr. old grand-daughter for a swimming lesson, great fun for her and I. Then I started itching. Have not looked at my wine for 3 days because I don't feel like it with my skin now hurting all over. Just a little better today. All those years when I was never sick, now every other day a new malady. It took 3 days for me to write this. :b

Dan, good catch with the .01 & .1.

Richard, it sounds like you are allergic to something in the water. Has Chlorine ever bother you before?

Back