What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some maintenance on the old furnace, put up the gazebo roof and will print out and cut out my labels for the Chard I bottled last week. Tomorrow Ill apply them, encapsulate them and shelf them and maybe bottle the Blueberry Melomel using the new filler! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Wade, Have you had a chance to use that new filler yet. You've got to be excited.

I took a walk, kicked some snow banks... yes, we still have plenty!! Looked at the spring bulbs poking their heads out of the ground and shoveled some snow out from under the clothes lines... I can't wait to hang sheets out... if the snow stops!!

Debbie

Not yet Flem, I usually dont do any wine work during the week, after workimg all day I just dont have it in me and I just have to many things to do beside that. Maybe when my wife gets back on here feet I can weasel a little in during the week.

I took a walk, kicked some snow banks... yes, we still have plenty!! Looked at the spring bulbs poking their heads out of the ground and shoveled some snow out from under the clothes lines... I can't wait to hang sheets out... if the snow stops!!

Debbie

Goood Lord Debbie I can't believe you held out this long to clean your sheets. At least we use the washer and dryer in the winter. LOL

Went to Penn State main campus and played in one of their labs. Helped our daughter sex fruit flies. They must of had thousands of vials with flies in them. First she anesthetizes them in the vial them dumps them under a microscope. Then she seperated the males from the females. The females were returned to the vial and the males were destroyed. They then used the females for further experiments. The difference was males had a black butt and females had a white butt. Pictures are from my droid so they are kind of large, sorry.

IMG_20110402_130246.jpg

IMG_20110402_125838.jpg

IMG_20110402_125758.jpg

Sexing on the weekend.... hmmmmm isn't there an ordinance against that?

Actually... the only thing I DO use the dryer for in the winter, is the sheets! We hang on drying racks near the gas stove, in the sun room.
I'm frugal... yes, there are other words for that!

When the college daughter comes home... the dryer is blasting, though!!

Debbie

What I havn't figure out is why his daughter had to teach him about sex

Poor Dan, he cant get any sex at home so he has to go sex up some skeeters! Dan, were you trying to get the original Skeeter Pee? LOL

You should have warned me earlier about the rolls... just got back from church...

I prayed for ALL of you...

Debbie

I had heard that cigarette smoke causes cancer in fruit flies. What I can't figure out is how they get the fruit flies to smoke:db

So I guess now Dan this makes you a "voyeur"

Sounds like you seen a good bit of but lately.

Could not wait any longer. Had to sneak a taste of the elderberry tonight. Ferment is going very strong at 65* in the room. Think it will be real good after 6 to 8 months of oak and age.

Last edited:
bottled 6 gal cc old vine zin.
A cheap paklab kit 5 gal.
And a concord with black berry 5 gal.

they are all good, but the concord is very good now.

Probably heading to my son's today then after that come home and rack my tropical breeze into a 3 and a 5 gallon carboy so that I can free up the 6 gallon carboy for the Cranberry lime skeeter pee which should be ready to come out of primary in a day or 2.

We're off to get supplies, shoes, clothes for our 9 day CA trip. We leave in 2 weeks... woo hoo!!

Debbie

Off to watch/help another homebrewer brew some good craft BEER.

Church and grocery this morning. This afternoon I'll rack my Orchard Breezin' Strawberry Zin to carboy, stabilize, clear, degas. This evening we'll go to my daughter's for dinner.

Busy weekend here. Yesterday, we picked up 4 carboys, some misc. wine chemicals, and 24# of strawberries. Got home from that and cleaned the berries and froze them, They'll be ready for winemaking when we get time to start that batch. We racked the cranberry, skeeter pee, and banana. Degassed the pee and added finings.

Today we worked on the remodel od the wine making area in the basement pretty much all day. Had to make a trip to Lowe's, so we picked up the ingredients for apfelwein while we were out.

Now we have empty carboys and ingredients to make 2 batches of wine. Been working hard to have patience in holding off getting a batch started until the area is finished!! Having wine making equipment spread all around really sux!

Back