What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I need to order that. I see references to pizza dough too!

Edit: I read what Amazon allowed me, and I know I need to order the book. There are some highlighted techniques that I haven't tried and I'm always trying to learn new ways to keep my kids happy.

It has already taken me to the next level in bread making, and this was my first loaf using his techniques.

It has already taken me to the next level in bread making, and this was my first loaf using his techniques.

I've made three loaves today, one GF for my son (can't change that one too much), a cinnamon raisin loaf for breakfast tomorrow, and currently baking an italian white loaf for toasty cheese sandwiches at lunch time tomorrow.

But your loaf looks so good, and I'm sure tastes so good. I've had people share those with me before, and they have never disappointed. Yum.

I've made three loaves today, one GF for my son (can't change that one too much), a cinnamon raisin loaf for breakfast tomorrow, and currently baking an italian white loaf for toasty cheese sandwiches at lunch time tomorrow.

But your loaf looks so good, and I'm sure tastes so good. I've had people share those with me before, and they have never disappointed. Yum.

Those sound good!!!

The recipes in his book make two loaves and are supposed to be cooked in a dutch oven. I only have one round proofing basket and one dutch oven. So for the second loaf, I put it in a baguette proofing basket and simply cooked it on a pizza stone. That one came out pretty good too.

IMG_3489.jpg

@ceeaton - I've been GF for a dozen years now. Have you tried Cup4Cup? With basic tweaks I made my Grandma's rhubarb cake and it's just as good as the real deal (tested on non-GF folks). It makes life so much easier. Also if you want a good GF biscuit try Dunkerin brand, they are AMAZING.

I make a buttermilk marinated deep fried chicken (very rarely, with C4C) and it's better than anything on the market.

@ceeaton - I've been GF for a dozen years now. Have you tried Cup4Cup? With basic tweaks I made my Grandma's rhubarb cake and it's just as good as the real deal (tested on non-GF folks). It makes life so much easier. Also if you want a good GF biscuit try Dunkerin brand, they are AMAZING.

I make a buttermilk marinated deep fried chicken (very rarely, with C4C) and it's better than anything on the market.

I will look into them. Celiac goes hand in hand with Type 1 diabetics, about 50% of type 1ers have it, the others don't. My family follows along the same line, one has it, one doesn't. For fun the one that doesn't has nut allergies. Go figure.

I'd love to try chicken fingers w/C4C and see if the non-GF family members liked it. Somewhat of a pain to fry up two different batches all the time. Thanks for the info!

Wanted to say how fantastic this little device worked last night to separate to au jus from the fat! Chefs Kitchen grease separator! Pour your drippings into the separator, wait a minute or two for them to separate and then just pull the trigger and drain off the good au jus and leave the fat behind (on top).

da09db0ee3ae5c2b78db4e86e2c94d31.jpg

I will look into them. Celiac goes hand in hand with Type 1 diabetics, about 50% of type 1ers have it, the others don't. My family follows along the same line, one has it, one doesn't. For fun the one that doesn't has nut allergies. Go figure.

I'd love to try chicken fingers w/C4C and see if the non-GF family members liked it. Somewhat of a pain to fry up two different batches all the time. Thanks for the info!

My family likes it better than our non-gf ones that my Mom makes :) TRust me, they'll love it!

Here's the link to their recipe: http://www.cup4cup.com/recipes/ad-hoc-buttermilk-fried-chicken/

Those 'taters look awesome, @geek .

The grill is open for business again - got it cleared out this afternoon. In celebration, I'm grilling up some Tandoori chicken, along with some Pilau Rice and broccolini.

Latest posts

Back