What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't much of a white wine drinker until I discovered that off dry white wines go REALLY good with spicy foods especially Thai or Asian chicken etc. So anything with nice amount of acid and a little sweetness to offset the spice is a killer combo. (Riesling, Gerwurtz etc)

No delivery options in my neighborhood! I am always amazed when we go visit the "kids" in Burbank. You can have anything delivered from anyplace in 30 mins usually.

Last nights "easy button" was Sponsored by Campbell's!

IMG_4591.jpg

It was quick, easy and good. I was out of my favorite simmer sauce but Trader Joe's is an 80 mile round trip to Santa fe so this was the backup sauce. The TJ's sauce is hands down better so if you have TJ's close by that is my first choice but this was pretty good as an alternative.

81%2BN7LW441L._SY679_.jpg

Got a recipe for that Chicken, Mike, or was it delivered? :)

Taco salad tonight. Taco seasoned ground beef, on a bed of romaine lettuce, with cherry tomatoes, sliced onion, topped with red pepper cheddar, sour cream, salsa and Russian dressing. Yum!! I usually add tortilla chips/black olives in the mix, but didn't have any. Too hungry to go out and get it lol

IMG_0458.JPG

@Boatboy24

Gathered up the spices today and bought 3 packs of bone in thighs with skins.

Do you remove the skin or leave on? How long do you marinade?

Skin on, bone in. I marinated for 6 0r 7 hours last time. I'd recommend going 24 if you can.

Skin on, bone in. I marinated for 6 0r 7 hours last time. I'd recommend going 24 if you can.

Wifey is very interested in that one for dinner on Sunday. Will do some wings on the side in case the younger ones don't dig it. Still searching for a few ingredients.

But tonight, everyone is home (finally) and it's Fryday, so it's Pizza day! My grilled pizza was a simple pepperoni/portabella mushroom. Grill was a little hot when I started, crust was wonderfully cooked but had a bit of a charred character on some pieces. Guess I waited a bit long to rotate it. Still very tasty with the charring. Maybe it's an authentic Charro pizza (you can tell it has been a long week). Just opened a Diablo Rojo bottle to wash it down with.

2-5-16_pizza-1.jpg

2-5-16_pizza-2.jpg

2-5-16_pizza-3.jpg

Pork Carnitas Nachos!

IMG_6838.JPG

OMG! To die for good. Picked up the pork carnitas from Smiths (Kroger) they are ready to go, in au jus and lime. Fall apart tender. I used Blue corn tortilla chips, black beans (whole), and then the usual cheese and jalapeños.

NO wine goes with this meal!

It's Jose Cuervo (margarita) time! :db

Latest posts

Back