What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it was going to rain into the evening today, but "Debby does Dallas" was here and gone pretty quickly. Sun out now and warming up, very tropical out (dewpoint af 77.4*F at my younger bros house about a mile away). Still did some pizzas inside. One for the girls (half pepperoni half cheese) and a meat lovers for me (pepperoni, prosciutto, Italian sausage and some beef pastrami for good measure). Used some Caputo 00 Chefs flour, makes a really nice overnight dough. Will do a GF pizza for my son later, he works so won't get home till after 11 pm. Yum!

8-9-24_pizza-1.jpg

8-9-24_pizza-2.jpg

8-9-24_pizza-3.jpg

A hot Sunday evening here in Extremadura, Spain... 45C (113F) this afternoon...like an oven...so no thought given to cooking indoors. Anyway, mustn't complain...had a fine roast free range chicken and veggies...total cost about $15 max incl bird, veggies & charcoal...and enough for another meal this week.

We drove over the border to Portugal to the coast this week for a fishy dishy...the number of yanks moving to Portugal is quite striking...they are, of course, very welcome...and they seem to enjoy the low cost of living, relaxed way of life, etc.IMG_20240811_192939.jpgIMG_20240811_195306.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this weekend. Wedge salad with blu cheese crumbles and bacon. Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon on the Weber with pecan. Oven baked fingerling potatoes with parmesan cheese. Arugula and corn salad. IMG_1552.jpegIMG_1553.jpeg

This paired really well with a 2010 Quilceda Creek Cab Sauv. It took 3 hours decant still to fully open up. They are built to last for sure.

1723468744701.png

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this weekend. Wedge salad with blu cheese crumbles and bacon. Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon on the Weber with pecan. Oven baked fingerling potatoes with parmesan cheese. Arugula and corn salad. View attachment 114808View attachment 114809

This paired really well with a 2010 Quilceda Creek Cab Sauv. It took 3 hours decant still to fully open up. They are built to last for sure.

View attachment 114810

Happy anniversary!!

Yesterday we purchased a brisket at Costco. After removing all fat, the 11.8 lb roast was 8.5 lbs ... which is why when the price of brisket went up few years ago, we stopped buying.

When done I cut along natural lines to produce 3 packages of varying size. Two are small enough that Mrs. WM81 and I will make it for ourselves, without having to eat leftovers for a week. The last one is definitely for when company comes over.

The smallest one went in the crockpot this morning. I'm reducing the cooking liquid (which has a bit of everything in it!) to serve with it.

brisket.jpg

Back