What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs. WM81 made spaghetti sauce earlier this week, and requested chicken parm tonight. Since I have chicken, eggs, cream, breadcrumbs, seasonings, cheese, and sauce -- game on!

Instead of putting sauce on the cutlets and then cheese, I put cheese directly on the cutlets, and added sauce when serving.

chicken parm.jpg

Burger night. 80/20 ground beef with a touch of mayo mixed in (need a little extra fat). Kosher salt and a heavy dose of fresh cracked pepper on both sides. Onto the SmokeFire for a quick cook, then two slices of American cheese on top. Sesame bun, Chick Fil-A sauce, tomato, lettuce, and dill slices. Best burger I've done in a while. I don't think I'll need to eat tomorrow. 😅

IMG_2038.jpeg

Burger night. 80/20 ground beef with a touch of mayo mixed in (need a little extra fat). Kosher salt and a heavy dose of fresh cracked pepper on both sides. Onto the SmokeFire for a quick cook, then two slices of American cheese on top. Sesame bun, Chick Fil-A sauce, tomato, lettuce, and dill slices. Best burger I've done in a while. I don't think I'll need to eat tomorrow. 😅

View attachment 115624
I'm salivating all over...what are we accompany this with...what's in your glass?

View attachment 115624
80/20 and you needed MORE fat????:sp

I haven't made many pizzas but this had to be the best. Dough was based on a King Arthur recipe, 2/3 cup sourdough starter, rapid yeast, flour, water and salt. 3 hours rise and I thought it had really nice flavor. Thin and crispy too. Pepperoni, mozzarella, parmesan, mushrooms, bell pepper and red onion on the cold sauce from a can of whole san marzanos. 550 degrees, pizza stone below and a cast iron griddle above made it cook up in about 8 minutes. PizzaPizza.jpgWe usually have left overs but not last night.

Work was scarce, so I took one for the team (lol) and did a half day. Been trying to get a nice crust on my smash burgers, found an old video for the weber gas grill. Definitely helped. 80/20 beef (was using 73/27), 600*F + griddle temp, no oil on griddle to start. Made 2 x 2oz burgers for lunch, griddle was 675* so went really quick. Best burger I've had in a long time.

9-11-24_burger-1.jpg

9-11-24_burger-2.jpg

Work was scarce, so I took one for the team (lol) and did a half day. Been trying to get a nice crust on my smash burgers, found an old video for the weber gas grill. Definitely helped. 80/20 beef (was using 73/27), 600*F + griddle temp, no oil on griddle to start. Made 2 x 2oz burgers for lunch, griddle was 675* so went really quick. Best burger I've had in a long time.

View attachment 115802

View attachment 115803

u a press operator correct? if i remember correctly
atta boy - took one for the team - i own a printing/design company - industry here in Canada is changing - it ain't like the roaring 70s- 80's -the prime of the industry
great burger BTW!!!!!

I wanna make this right friggin NOW! Can you describe it in a bit of detail?
Just a corn tortilla (pre-fry in oil if you wish to soften a bit) in the bottom of a small CI pan, add a couple of fresh roasted (peeled whole green chile's) stuffed with a nice amount of oaxaca cheese in each one. Then a nice pour of red chile (sauce) over that and top off with some cheddar cheese and bake in the oven until nicely melted (~375F ~20min).

Keep some sour cream on hand to add on top to cut the heat if needed and plenty of margarita's close by!

Driving by or local grocery today, saw they had ribeye steaks for $5 (these are 8 ounces steaks, kinda thin) very tasty. Quick left turn, picked up steaks. Now what for a side? Saw these wonderful looking portabella mushrooms. Picked up two for stuffed mushrooms. This is what they looked before adding the cheese to the top and some fresh basil.
PXL_20240913_221953484.jpg

u a press operator correct? if i remember correctly
atta boy - took one for the team - i own a printing/design company - industry here in Canada is changing - it ain't like the roaring 70s- 80's -the prime of the industry
great burger BTW!!!!!
Nope, programmer. I do website maintenance now, as well as sales support stuff, and took over for a lady who left and send book orders out for one of our clients (ie. fulfillment). I do anything I can to not have to find a new job, I'm almost 62 and starting to count the few years left to retirement!

Latest posts

Back