What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We find it at our local Smith's (Kroger) store 10oz sealed bag for $2.99. We served two full bags and only had a few stalks left over.

View attachment 116859
Thanks, Mike. I have not checked Kroger. I will have to do that. To get more out of the bunch, I run my vegetable peeler over the stalk and take off the outer layer. Makes the whole piece edible and delicious.

Last edited:
First attempt with the new hobby. Started with something easy - cream cheese, 2.5 lbs. Damn it's good!

Next up, cottage cheese and feta then the hard cheeses that need aging. Who knew a pH meter would come in handy and that "patience" would rear it's ugly head again?

View attachment 116842
I tried that before I started making wine. I made mozzarella. It turned out okay. I kind of lost interest and decided to try making wine.

I decided I am going to try making cheese curds! Someday I want to try aging cheeses but that's on the back burner for now.

Enjoy and happy cheesing!

My, that's one of my favorite meals! If you would have left around dinner time you could have been to my place for Sunday dinner and that could have been my revolution dinner, though I've only gone around 62 times!

Happy Birthday, late!

Happy birthday!

Latest posts

Back