What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been messing with wifes computer part of the day and did a good bit of loafing around other than that, sat and watched part of the nascar race

getting ready to run/start the local Memorial Day Parade. I been running this for close to 15 years

Did a test run of our Poker Run that is scheduled for July yesterday. Just about 100 miles. Today we have 2 Parades and tomorrow is our community Parade.

Headed to church this morning and then a local nursery for some pepper plants. Outside weeding all day, probably!

Debbie

getting ready to run/start the local Memorial Day Parade. I been running this for close to 15 years

Tom that is pretty cool. You're not the Guy with the big red nose clowning around are you? I can picture you on a float pulled by an old truck with your beer sculpture working!

Just checked weather... nasty storms around Omaha that could drift up our way. Might not be outside ALL day!!

Debbie

Just got done digging up some more lawn for flower beds. It's part of our mowing reduction scheem, someday no grass just flowers.:re

I live about one hundred mile north of Omaha and we been having rain this morning off and on there won't be no working in the yard today we are forecast for some nasty ones for tonight and tomorrow night also

Just checked weather... nasty storms around Omaha that could drift up our way. Might not be outside ALL day!!

Debbie

When we start complaining about a little rain keeping us inside... we try to remember the terrible storms of late and just be thankful we haven't lost everything!

Hope you don't get serious damage from the storms.

Debbie

Just destemmed 160#'s of strawberries last nite. Had my parents and my sister come over and help out. Good time!!

I have been out spraying the vineyard this AM between rain systems. If I can keep the disease out this year it will be a miracle. About one half of the vineyard has standing water just oozing out of the ground after two to three months of record rainfall. Stormas are predicted again this afternoon and we are hovering right at 8 inches of rain for May after 8 inches in April.

It is time to go watch the tasting room now and cool off a bit.

Dan we had visitors up from PA yesterday. Very nice folks visiting their son locally.

Got my plants. Storms on the way, I'll wait until tomorrow to plant! It does look like our temps will be above normal now for a while, so maybe things can grow!

Debbie

Went to the local farm that has U Pick and got a peck of strawberries. Ended up making a bunch of preserves.
I plan on foraging for wild berries for wine again soon. Asked all my friends to save all of the "wineberries" that they can find in the freezer for me.
Also planed some more heirloom tomatoes that we found growing at the brother in law's house yesterday. I got to some of them before the kids trampled them all.

Dan we had visitors up from PA yesterday. Very nice folks visiting their son locally.

Rich sounds like your hands are going to be tied for a while now. What part of PA were they from?

Today I got some plants for our Lily tubs, cut the grass and got the hell out of the heat. Go figure...now I'm going to start a fire in the fire pit to roast some hot dogs tonight.

Crazy is as crazy does....

I just put some chicken and potatoes on the grill and while that was started I made some potato salad and cole slaw for tomorrow night.

Some good eatin' in the neighborhood!

Debbie

Dan they were from the other side of the state- Pittsburgh. They went to Lake George before coming to my place and were going to visit some more of the local wineries the next couple days. It was the first day of an ad running in the Adirondack/Lake Champlain travel guide. I put one in the menu section. That is how they heard about me.

Oh and we had a shrimp boil today. Delish! I was craving some nice shrimp and corn, baby potatoes etc.

Latest posts

Back