What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got together with a few wine drinkers/makers and foodies
made about our first batch of sausages for the season - about 300 pounds -
made mild and spicy - the spicy got away from me a little - used some cayenne peppers from the garden - a tad too much - u feel the heat
i like the heat my family not so much - oh well more for me and my son

IMG_3404.jpg

got together with a few wine drinkers/makers and foodies
made about our first batch of sausages for the season - about 300 pounds -
made mild and spicy - the spicy got away from me a little - used some cayenne peppers from the garden - a tad too much - u feel the heat
i like the heat my family not so much - oh well more for me and my son

View attachment 116033
This is definitely the time of the year I start making more sausages. Found a pork butt on fire sale today, will make some bratwurst tomorrow, but need to decide on a recipe for a beef/pork mix, might cure and smoke. Jumped on here to look for @ibglowin's normal German sausage recipe that can be modified for about anything (including venison).

My issue, like yours, is I like a spicy sausage, like a Texas red hot, but the rest of the family, except my Son(s) don't. Very fine line to draw, and fresh chiles always contain some surprises (either no heat, or way more heat).

On another note, wifey between jobs, so we got to go to dinner last night. She suggested a place with a lot of local beers on tap that also serves wood fired pizzas. Hers' was a buffalo chicken with a white sauce base. I had a leftover piece today and was surprised she didn't ditch that for my spicy margarita pie. Her "spicy" tolerance is pretty low, lol.

9-20-24_pizza-2.jpg

Back