WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, thats crazy mine didnt even show signs of clearing. i tossed in some pectic enzyme and bentonite to see if that helps it along at all.

I used pectic from the beginning and also got it off the gross lees promptly. It has turned red. Now to find the time to rack it. Life is very busy.

Mine's clearing very slowly, too. I also used pectic enzyme in the primary. The plain coast white I made right next to it is clear as clean water. Go figure! No hurry, though. I'm giving it another month before I even touch it. Then we'll be talking about f-packs! :h

Mine's clearing very slowly, too. I also used pectic enzyme in the primary. The plain coast white I made right next to it is clear as clean water. Go figure! No hurry, though. I'm giving it another month before I even touch it. Then we'll be talking about f-packs! :h

I peed in mine while saying, "I got your f-pack right here" ... does that qualify? :)

Boy, if I win this thing after whizzing in the juice, it'll be awesome! :D

Wait! The judges can't read these messages, can they???? :<

I am embarrassed! Mine is an orangish color and very clear. I only had 4 pounds of strawberries in the freezer from last year. Surprisingly enough it does have a strawberry flavor. But it strawberry season here so I will be making a huge fpack.

oh yeah i can see through the carboy now still a lil hazy but much much better

Clearing slowly, but surely. I did a first racking yesterday...and had a taste. You guys are in trouble! ::

haha kinda what i was thinking even my wife likes this one...and that's sayin something she doesnt even like quadberry DB hahaha

I hear ya, Phil. "Secret weapon"...:pee

My only regret is that I won't get to try everyone else's. :dg

Clear, Jim? Pics please! :pic

I think mine will require more pectic enzyme to clear completely. I have more to add to it yet, so I think I'll wait for that. ;)

SAM_1166_zpse064e394.jpg

pic from last night 5-6-2013

Back