Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No that would be a waste of time .
Mist kits dispite what they read late light to medium body .. adding tannins , grape pack etc can build the structure.
I my tweaking experience you can build up , you can’t build down and still have a wine worth drinking.
Butt that’s just me 🍇🍇
That's what I thought

No that would be a waste of time .
Mist kits dispite what they read late light to medium body .. adding tannins , grape pack etc can build the structure.
I my tweaking experience you can build up , you can’t build down and still have a wine worth drinking.
Butt that’s just me 🍇🍇
Look o

Ok here’s my thoughts:
If you allow the components to float at 100% contact akl the time then impact on the batch.
The components should settle to the bottom of the fermenter.
If you place them in a bag , then 100% contact isn’t consistent until you dunk the bag , yes?
So the question is do you make it easier on your self or just draft a little higher than off the bottom ??
It doesn’t matter if your in the primary or secondary the same applies 🍇🍷

To many big words for me , I only know of my experiences that’s what they asked.
I’ve done it both ways .
See the way I see it is this and I’m a simple man so excuse me .
When they make wine from grapes , they crush the grapes then let the juice and skins macerate for color and structure correct ?
They don’t put the skins in a seperste bag ? The skins sit there for a few days then the wine is pumped out and the skins remove and repackage and sold to us .
In the instructions it states to sprinkle the yeast on top , as well as oak ,
When I make an FPACK it can be put into a sack or spread across and infuse itself with the cap 🧢 doing it that way has always given my a better product as well as a few wineries in this area.
To each his or her own.

Attachments

• IMG_2746.jpeg
    IMG_2746.jpeg
    2.1 MB
  • IMG_2750.jpeg
    IMG_2750.jpeg
    2.9 MB
  • IMG_2753.jpeg
    IMG_2753.jpeg
    2.1 MB
Yes often , my customers by all of the cheaper kits .Fontana is one of the there all basic kits you just need to pay attention to the yield sometimes it’s less depending on the ABV ..your trying to achieve.
Just made this one 🍇🍇🍇

Attachments

• IMG_3490.jpeg
    IMG_3490.jpeg
    1.8 MB
I was thinking of trying a Pino Grigio. Typically cheaper white kits are easier to produce a better product. And you can’t beat $71. I would make the kit a five gallon batch. In the review section for this kit, the user stated he added a pound of Belgian Candy to bring the SG up to 1.056. That’s pretty low. Is that why these kits are so cheap?

Last edited:
look I can only tell you what I’ve done.
If you let. Your hydrometer be your guide that’s all you need with cheaper kits or any kit for that matter.
When adding the water up to a five gallon level
Then add or don’t depending on your likes and ABV % ..

Latest posts

Back